UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

BOSCH logixx 7 showing error code f:43, what is the problem…

Customer Question
BOSCH logixx 7 showing...

BOSCH logixx 7 showing error code f:43, what is the problem and is there a fix

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its 8 years old and its an integrated appliance code wis28440GB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends how involved it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so.....is it an econmic repair do you think

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

F43 is a motor related fault on these.

Basically its either the motor, control board or more then likely the carbon brushes in the motor.

Now as to weather is worth fixing if its carbon brushes then yes as you are looking at about the £80 mark roughly for them fitted so worth it on these.

But if its the motor itself or the control board then no it wont be worth it as a motor on these are about the £200 mark and the control board isnt that much behind so they are an expensive repairs.

But to be honest 70% of the time for this is just worn carbon brushes thats the issue here.

If this is something you want to do yourself then you need to pull the washer out from under the unit and remove the back panel.

There you will see the motor at the bottom,

Remove this and then at the back either side are the brushes.

Remove these and if they are only a few mm long then they have worn and will need to be replaced.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks