UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch 1200 clasxx express. All spin lights

Customer Question
flashing . Turned on turned...
I have a Bosch 1200 clasxx express. All spin lights flashing . Turned on turned off. Same thing
The actual spin button doesn’t seem to press in. But it never has? Help anyone?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/23/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, thanks for using JA I’m Gavin and I’ll help you with your washer today
You mentioned the spin button doesn’t press in. Is it the case that it’s already pressed in but not returned?
Also if you have the model number (enr) from inside the door that would really help me
E-nr wae24164gb/fd9001 601905
I wasn’t aware it ever came out
How long please. I need to go to a meeting
Sorry was just looking your model up
Would you prefer to continue later after your meeting?
That would be great. Can we say 13.30hrs. Will you call me?
There are now only1200 800 and rinse hold buttons flashing
That’s great it’s a fault code. I can call you if you like but you will get charged extra and it’s just as easy to message. Send me a message when you’re ready and I’ll go through it with you
Perfect thank you. I should be back by 13.30. Is it ok to message then or is there a time thing?
Yeh that’s absolutely fine
When you get back could you upload a picture of the front with the lights showing please. I’ve got the fault code information but the pictures aren’t great
Great, I’ll just open the pic niw
Ok. I’ve got a pretty good idea of what’s wrong but you’re going to need to remove the motor. Is that something you want to do if I talk you through it?
Err female not Ditzy but not sure I can pull the machine out on my own. What tools would I need ? Is it easy? Is it a common problem?
It’s not a difficult job. I can talk you through this one near enough screw for screw. You’ll need a large flat head screwdriver, 10mm spanner or socket, T20 and T30 star head screwdriver and a small flat head screwdriver. It does involve moving the machine about though. Yeh fairly common.
You'll also need some cutters
Ok have found lots of screwdrivers flat and star. Moved machine as much as I can. Picture attached.
Picture hasn’t come through. Could you resend please
Got it. Make sure you unplug the machine and then remove the back panel it’s held in by a single T20 screw
Nope. I’ve got to star screws which look like it’s holding the top on then another 2 star screws on the left side on the back.
Looking at the back of the machine there’s a panel in the centre it clips on at the top of it and is screwed on at the bottom. I can see the top of the panel in the pic you sent but not the bottom
I’ll see if I can find you a video that will make it a bit easier for you to see rather than me explain
Ok. Question for you instead of back and forward. Can you send video and also idiot steps to follow in a message. Then I can follow please?
Ha, yeh no problem. Here’s the first video it’s got the same back panel as yours
https://youtu.be/W--npDN5mn4
This next video is much better. The only difference between this machine and yours is that your back panel is different
https://youtu.be/N_r8d93xPYw
Remove back panel
Behind back panel you will see belt that runs on a pulley in the centre of the machine and runs down to the motor
Remove belt
The motor is held in by 2 10mm (normally) bolts which are just above where the belt attached to the motor remove these. This is really awkward to do but they do come off.
Lay machine down on its front l
Look underneath and you will see motor.
The motor will have a connector block on it which pulls out remove this.
Now remove motor. You may need to pry it off with a large screwdriver as it can be tight to get off.
Check carbon brushes as in videoLet me know how you get on. I’ll keep an eye on my emails
I can find every star screw driver but one that fits. So it’s a hubby job. However you say lie it on it’s front which means on the floor? I do not have enough space in utility cupboard. Plus there are hoses that are not long enough to allow this.
Gavin what happens if we open it etc and find the brushes are broke. I thought this was a simple error code?
Sorry back now I’ll just read your messages
The error code relates to a motor fault, the most likely cause on a machine your age is going to be that the brushes are gone which would need replacing. The repair itself is not all that difficult but if you are struggling you may want to get someone in. If you want to have a go yourself I am more than happy to help talk you through it or depending the area that you live I may be able to recommend someone to do the repair for you
Hi Gavin. This morning cleared the lights. Turned to wash. Now it doesn’t do anything. Lights all showing correctly. But no water and checked water turned on. Appears to be not reacting to programme
Morning. Run me through exactly what you’ve done up to now and we can figure out why