UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch Washing Machine is leaking water from the little…

Hi ***** Machine is...

Hi ***** Machine is leaking water from the little black hose which sits next to the filter at the bottom right of the machine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its an Exclusiv, if that helps. It is around 20 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.....

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If I need a part where to get it from and how much

3/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

That little black hose is the manual drain hose in case the pump gets blocked. There should be a cap on the end of the hose to prevent it from leaking. If the hose is damaged or the cap isn't sealing, you can try to silicone the cap if you wanted, otherwise the entire drain pump housing would have to be replaced which is no longer made due to the age of this model. You can probably find a hose and cap that'll work at a hardware store to stop the old hose from leaking since it's only needed if you have to manually drain the washer.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thanks for this info. and the free trial. I will let you know whether I want to carry on with your service in the future. In the meantime please refund my deposit