UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Classixx 6 washing machine & need to try &

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Bosch Classixx 6 washing machine & need to try & re-set it. I need to press & hold the "spin" button but can see an actual spin button. Can you explain which button it is please. Thanks Steve

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hi, its a 1200 express, about 9 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, just to try & re-set an F-21 error from advice given elsewhere on your site!.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so!

3/22/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the full model number please.

It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door.

Hi Daniel
The full model no. is: E-Nr. WAE24363GB/02 FD 8712 602828.

Thanks for that.

If you look at the front of the washer on the controls you will see the vertical row of spin speed lights.

Look under these and you will see a single button. This is the spin reduce button you need to press.

I will post the reset again for you just in case.

Turn the appliance knob to the off or reset position, 12 o'clock.
Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position.
Press and hold the spin reduce button which should be under the spin leds.
Whilst holding it, turn the knob to the 7 o'clock position.
Continue holding the spin reduce button for about 5 seconds.
Release the button.
Turn the knob to off.
When your turn it back on it should have cleared the error code.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Hi Daniel
Thanks, ***** ***** cleared the error code after a few goes, but now the programme won't commence after pressing the start button. There is a symbol above the programme time display which looks like a basket with washing in it. Any ideas?.

Ok when you start it does the door lock and does it try and fill with water?

Also as the F21 error code did you fix the cause of this fault?

Hi
The door locks & now the machine is making a noise after a while, but it isn't filling with water?.

Ok you still have the fault here which caused the F21.

This is more then likely down to worn carbon brushes in the motor.

For this you need to remove the motor from the back of the washer and from there at the back of the motor either side are the carbon brushes.

Remove these and see if they have worn.

If they are only a few mm then they have worn and will need to be replaced.

Then with a new set of brushes this should get the washer back up and running again from there.

The machine has just bleeped error message F21 reappeared. I have just cleared it again & turned it on again.

Its going to as above with the carbon brushes. As the F21 error code is a motor related fault so most of the time its down to the carbon brushes which cause this.

OK & many thanks for your help. The door is now locked so how do I unlock?.

Just turn it off and leave it a few minutes and the door should release from there.

Many thanks.Steve

Your welcome.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician