UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My zanussi zpb1260 ovens door lock is jammed.Can I reset it…

Hi, my zanussi zpb1260...

Hi, my zanussi zpb1260 ovens door lock is jammed.Can I reset it manually?(no power to the oven)

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

There is no power to the oven

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I ran a self cleaning cycle and lost power before the door lock disengaged

3/21/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

So you have lost power to the oven have you?

Do you know the reason why the power is off?

As if the power went off while the lock was activated then it will need to be powered up for it to release. Other then that its a case of breaking the lock off im afraid.

I've no power to the oven , I ran the self cleaning F08 error code appeared and I lost power while the lock was on....there has been no power since.

Ok on this model you can release the door lock with out breaking it. Ive uploaded a screen shot as it explanes how to do this.

Click here for the screen shot

But as to the F08 error code this is an over heat fault. Now it can be either the temperture sensor itself or as theres nothing lighting up then more then likely the control board. But once the door is open you can remove the oven from the unit and remove the top panel and you can access the control board from there.

You need to inspect it for signs of burning on there.

But if you do the above at least you can open the door.

Got the door free, thanks, ***** ***** no power, control board seems slightly charred on one end , any suggestions?

Ok you need to test the oven to confirm theres power going there as if there is then you need to remove the back panel and from there locate the safety thermostat. Its a small square thermostat with 2 wires going to it.

You need to test this with a multi meter and see if faulty and if so then the thermostat will need to be replaced.

But you will still have the issue with the F08 over heat. As if may have got to hot and thats what caused the safety thermostat to fail.

Hi
I tested what I think is the safety thermostat(one of two square parts on the back of the oven, the other being the terminal block) for continuity but there is none, the reading is between 1.35-1.40,is this the problem?
Sorry...please disregard the above, I measured the wrong component, there is continuity in the thermostat.

Ok if the safety thermostat is fine then just confirm theres 230v there and if there is then the control board will be the fault im afraid here.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician