UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bosch exxcel leaking. Wvd24520. It's around 7 years old but…

Customer Question
Bosch exxcel leaking Contractor's...

Bosch exxcel leaking

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Wvd24520

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's around 7 years old but bought new old stock 5 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I'm a marine electrical engineer. Definitely capable if I have manual or good instructions

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/20/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Is there a lot of water its leaking?

Does the water seem to be comming from under neath the washer?

underneath. Lots of water. As soon As I turn cycle on it's leaks and. From left side if you look at it from front. It's not waste pipe or Inlet. It doesn't leak when draining
There's a black bung in the back of the drum that came out recently which was leaking. It Was replaced, then I thought it had come out again. It had, but it didn't repair the leak. The leak from this previous problem was very minor. More of a drip

If its leaking on the left hand side then this is were the dispenser hose is. Its the hose that goes from the soap dispenser to the tub. You need to remove the top and check this. Watch it as its flling and shine a tourch in there and feel around it if you can as its filling and see if the you can feel water there.

Also check the door seal. Open the door and feel all around the door seal and peel the folds back. As if theres a split in the seal then it will leak out and come from under the washer itself and not from the door.

So check the dispenser hose and the door seal as these are the most common parts to leak on there.

Let me know what you find.

Ill get back to you in 15 min

No worries.

The pipe that comes off the bottom of the tray had popped out of the drum. I put it back in and ran it. Slight leak. Then after 20 min it was popped off again.i found this ring in the end of the hose. Thining maybe it was hitting the rough side of outer drum and pushing pipe out of the drum. Anyway it's back on now and spinning and not leaking.what else could cause this? A/v springs? The hose isn't perished or hard. Maybe some sealant around it?

Thats like a holder which holds the hose to the drum.

Try and use some silicon sealent on there and see if this holds it on and stops it leaking.

Its worth a try as silicon seleant works wonders on these.

Do you have a part number for that pipe please
It's come off again. Would the springs cause this due to excess movement. Thanks

Ok the holder and the hose are both seperate parts im afraid.

The part numbers are as below.

Plastic ring holder is 00067719

Hose is 00266973