UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On my Indesit WIXL 143, the 'LOCK' light is permanently on…

Customer Question
On my Indesit WIXL...

On my Indesit WIXL 143, the 'LOCK' light is permanently on and the machine will not start up. The door itself s not locked.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Today only

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, it sopped mid spin and had to drain down the machine.manually, I checked the pump and here was a pound coin in it which I have removed.i

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Never been a problem before. It is a 6kg Insdesit WIXL 143

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/20/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug it for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change?

I switched it off while I manually drain
ed it down, this took 20 mins and when it was switched on again the problem still existed.

Did you switch it off at the wall so no power was going to the machine?

Press and hold the START button. Will that light go off?

I switched the machine off at the wall so that it was totally isolated. I held the start button in and the light stayed on.
I tried holding the reset button in and all the lights flashed, the lock button l.e.d. went out but the 2hr delay button lit up.

Okay, so now press the delay button repeatedly until the delay light runs off. Does it reset then?

No

I believe the main electronic control will need to be replaced. Is this a repair you will be able to complete?

I believe the cost would outweigh the benefit. I think my money would be better spent on a new machine (not an Ariston though;).
Thanks for your assistance.

I would agree.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!