UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

NEFF FRIDGE FREEZER NOT WORKING SOUNDS LIKE COMPRESSOR GOING…

NEFF FRIDGE FREEZER NOT...

NEFF FRIDGE FREEZER NOT WORKING SOUNDS LIKE COMPRESSOR GOING ALL THE TIME , BUT FREEZER CCOMPARTMENT HAS THAWED

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

NEFF K5930D1GB/01 5 YEARS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

POSSIBLY

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

IS IT LIKELY TO BE COST EFFECTIVE TO REPAIR, I SUSPECT IT IS EITHER A COOLANT LEAK R COMPRESSOR PROBLEM. NEW COMPRESSOR COSTS ABOUT £350

3/19/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the compressor is running but theres no cooling in the freezer at all then it is a fault on the sealed system side.

For this its either a blockage which will need regassing or a compressor fault.

Price wise if its a blockage/regass you are looking at about the £120 mark.

But if its the compressor it is as you say about the £350 mark.

Now this is an expensive appliance. So one thing you can try is give Neff a bell as they do repair plans for faulty appliances. Its a full repair and they usually give a 12 month warrenty on the appliance.

You will need to speak to them for the latest price as it does change with them.

See what they say as i think even though its about £300 for the repair then it may be worth it as these are usually £1000+ so they are an expensive appliance.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

thanks- very helpful

Your very welcome.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician