UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a zanussi zdc37200w tumble dryer, it doesn't start. I…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a zanussi zdc37200w tumble dryer, it doesn't start. I have just been through the routine to get the error code from previous posts, It doesn't report anything in terms of red and green flashes

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

4 ish

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was intending to, I am an electronic engineer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there anything else I can try and diagnose the fault, condensor is clean, tank is empty. When I try and start a cycle start pause led flashes red 4 time before returning to flashing green

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The 4 flashes you get from the start light is the error code.

This is report a fault on the door switch.

Look at the door hook on the inside of the door and check this isnt broken on there.

But if thats fine then im afraid its usually the door switch itself at fault.

To access this you need to remove the top and remove the left hand side panel if the door is hinged on the right. If the door is hinged on the left then you need to remove the right hand side panel.

From there you can access the door lock and check the wiring on there.

If the wiring is fine then its more then likely a faulty lock here which you will need to replace to cure this.

Check that out if you can and see what you find from there.

The mechanical part is fine, i will strip it down tomorrow and test the switch, shouldn't take too long
Cheers

Ive just found the door lock test points in the service manual.

Click here for the screen shot of it.

This may help you.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
thanks it was thee switch, now to find a spare
Spot on advice all fixed..... :-) Many thanks for the assistance