UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Neff Dishwasher which had a drop of fairy liquid…

I have a Neff...

I have a Neff Dishwasher which had a drop of fairy liquid put in it and bubbles came out every where. Now it wants to constantly drain. Any ideas how I can fix it? Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Neff integrated. Not sure what model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

When I open the door it won’t turn off.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The light with the tap symbol is flashing and the one that looks like an “s” with arrows is staying on

3/18/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What will have happened here is due to all the bubbles the water will have overflowed and leaked into the base and activated the flood switch here.

To cure this you will need to remove the dishwasher from under the unit and lay it on its back and this will allow the water to drain out from the base.

Once its clear scoop out as much bubbles as you can and then run a rinse cycle to try and clear all the fairy liquid in there.

So do the above if you can and once the water is out of the base the flood switch will reset and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Thank you I will try that.

No worries, Im sure you can sort it from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician