UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Hotpoint WT745 machine just replaced the bearings.

Hi have a Hotpoint WT745...
Hi have a Hotpoint WT745 machine just replaced the bearings. Unfortunately the cable from the element were removed although made a note but misplaced the the not paper can you help to locate the connections both end element and control unit although they look like eart cable not sure
3/18/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Is it just the 3 wires going to the heater that your not sure about?

As you say '' and the control unit'' have the wires come off there as well?

Hi DanielJust need to find connections for both ends control unit and heater elementWires
Green/brown
Green purple

Ok as to the heater it doesnt matter which way the wires go. As long as the earth wire which is the green/yellow wire is in the middle on the metal bracket itself the other 2 can go either way.

As to the wires on the control board these are just push blocks. Did you pull them off?

If so can you post a picture of the control board and wiring and i can mark on the picture were the wiring blocks go to for you.

The wires on the heater are correct so thats fine.

Now looking at the picture of the control board you will have 2 wiring blocks.

One is a bigger one with 6 wires, this goes to the block on the left.

Then the other block you have will be 3 wires.

This goes on the first 3 tags on the left of the other block. But you will see the blocks are keyed so they can only go on one way. You shouldnt be able to fit them wrong.

So do the above and post a picture of the wires on there and i can confirm for you they are correct.

Photos attached. The two wires from the heater have only spade connectors

Sorry not sure what you mean above.

Have you seen my last answer i sent?

Arh im with you know.

On the block on the left with 4 wires the wire for the heater with no cover goes next to the block and the wire with the cover goes on the edge.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician