UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have installed a Siemens dishwasher and I want to start it…

HI, I have installed...

HI, I have installed a Siemens dishwasher and I want to start it for the first time. In the instruction it says add water in the salt reservoir but nothing more

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Sn677x06tn

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes it is connected and everything I am just not sure of what I need to do on the first use

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, how much water do I need to add in the salt reservoir?

3/18/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
HiWhen it says to pore water in there all you do is unscrew the salt cap inside and just pore jugs of water in there till it’s completely full and the water is overflowing the chamber.That’s all you need to do and then just run an empty wash cycle to make sure it’s all working ok.Regards
What wash program should I use?
I would just run a normal 50 degree cycle.
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
ok, done -started it. It still displayed "add salt" message. I guess I would have to add salt after the first use cycle.
after it’s done then you need to remove the salt cap again and pore the salt in there. As you do this the water will gush out at the same time so don’t worry about that.
Ok, Daniel, Thank you.

Your welcome.