UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Ikea Renlig dishwasher. There is no standing water…

Hi I have an...

Hi I have an Ikea Renlig dishwasher. There is no standing water but it sounds like it's draining even when turned off

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It's an Ikea renlig DW45. I can't run a test cycle because it won't let me!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The end light is flashing continuously and it beeping until we turned it off at the socket

how long does this take
3/17/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

If you open the door and look at the end of cycle light which is the picture of the arrow is this flashing?

If so count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

It is flashing continuously, without a pause.

Ok it should be flashing an error code but never mind.

As you say the drain pump is running all the time then it sounds like water has leaked into the base and activated the flood switch.

What you need to do is remove the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kitchen and from there you will see a metal cover below the door.

Make sure the dishwasher is unplugged or the power is turned off and then remove the metal cover.

Now you can access the base tray in there. You will see this is full of water, Use a sponge and soak the water up from there.

Once all the water is out of the base then the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Turn it back on and retry it from there and see how it goes. Fingers crossed its a one off overfill that caused this.

But if it does it again then theres something leaking under there. In this case the dishwasher will need to be removed from under the units and remove the right hand side panel.

From there you can see the workings under there and try and find whats causing the water leak under there.

So try the above if you can and see what you find from there and let me know.

Great - seems to have done the trick. Just running a cycle to see if it fills up again. Thanks for now. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed its just a one off as dishwasher can do this im afraid.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician