UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Electrolux EFME517 dryer will not get out of test mode…

Customer Question
My Electrolux EFME517 dryer...

My Electrolux EFME517 dryer will not get out of test mode after installing all new part (controller, User Interface, and control knob, plus new wiring harness). When I power on dryer it cycles through test mode.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

17 months. EFME517SIOW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

A repair person already replaced all the parts. Now they are telling me to buy a new dryer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to exit test mode when it is test mode 0

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 4 months ago
woody463

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

ok and you have replaced the main control board and still have the same issue with the test mode?

UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 4 months ago

Can you look at the model number once again please?

I find no info on the number you have given of EFME517SIOW

EFME517SIW
UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 4 months ago

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

and Again you have replaced the main control board and still have the same issue with the test mode?

I installed new control board and user interface and it is stuck in test mode
UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 4 months ago

I do not see how that is possible if you replaced the main control board on the top left hand side and the front user interface you have only the knob board left in the electronic controls .

Are you sure that you have the correct parts for your model?

And did you replace the user interface or the knob control board?

i have the correct parts. I local repairman installed them. I looked on the internet and found out how to get into the test mode. To get out you must be in any test mode except 0. I think the factory tested the part but maybe had a power failure during testing. But there must be a way to rest the test mode. Must be a combination of pushing buttons on the front of the machine.
UK Appliance Technician: woody463,
 replied 4 months ago

This is the Factory Default Reset: 1 Press power and look for console light up. 2 Within 7 secs, simultaneously press and hold dry level and options buttons for 3 secs.

try that and see what you than get please let me know.