UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an a electrolux built in oven model number EOB5450AA…

Hi I have an...

Hi I have an a electrolux built in oven model number EOB5450AA and the problem is that the door has come off and I am having difficulty replacing it back on the hinges

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

One year olf

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possable yes eob5450aa

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The 2 hinges are in the vertical position and need to be horozontal to replave the door

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks for using JA. I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your oven door. Please let me know if you still need help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks gavin .
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need your help

No problem. I'm just pulling the details of your oven up now. Whilst I do that are you able to attach a picture so I can see exactly whats going on

Perfect I'll open them now

Ok, you need to manually push the hinges down and then flick the little metal tab over and it will hold the hinges in place for you to refit the door. Ive attached a link to a photo so that you can hopefully see the metal tab that I mean. Be careful these hinges are spring loaded and powerful I normally use a pair of pliers to force them down.

I'll see if I can find a video or something to help give you a better visual guide

https://www.4ourhouse.co.uk/hinge-left/product.pl?pid=4449053&query=eob5450+hinge

This is a different fitment style to yours but the tabs I was telling you about he calls levers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-wQV1HcJVE

They are really tight to get moving but I assure you they do. I can't do it by hand alone which is why I use pliers as a lever. The tabs will only move and lock into place once you have managed to pull the hinges down

Yeh Its the metal piece that is pointing up that needs to move down. It just pivots and travels the same way as if the door was attached to it. Its just much easier to do when the door is attached as it acts as a lever. If you have something strong enough you could put over it to use as a lever like a pipe it would open move down easily

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think that I am going to have to call for an engineer to come snd repair the problem.

Oh no. Once you get that hinge down its really straight forward. But it is difficult to get it down and it can feel like you're going to break it but you won't

I've found a video of your exact hinges now. I hope this helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWK5mb3Y3c0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried eveything you have told me and nothing seems to work it could be becsuse the hinges are special as the door is self closing.
I promise you it’s not but if you’re struggling maybe best to call someone in. As I say once you’ve managed to get the hinges out of their upright position it’s straight forward
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Gavin
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician