UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I've got beko 71231b just had new kitchen fitted moved

washing machine and I'm getting...
I've got beko 71231b just had new kitchen fitted moved washing machine and I'm getting E01 in the window can u help
3/16/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, yes I can help you, Can you check the full model for me please you should find it just inside the door

wmb 71231b

Thanks I'll just bring up the details now

Are you with the machine now and able to remove the rear panel?

no but I can may be get this done tommorow as i live on my own single mother :(

Aww ok no problem. I've looked up the details of the fault and it should be fairly straight forward but I find it's easier to do things live. If you give me a rough idea what time you can do this tomorrow I'll keep an eye out on my emails

hopefully I can get someone around to help me . not sure when I'm at work all day. what do u suggest the problem is glad to hear straight forward I was going to purchase new one. May be if u sent me step by step guide I could find somebody willing to give it a go if any issues could then email you to talk live it's just fitting it in live and having someone present with me .

You shouldn't need more than a phillips screwdriver hopefully. I'll send you instructions now

really that sounds good thank you all I can do is give it a shot if any issues ill message u thank u thought it was something silly as it worked once stopped work again but past 3 days nothing

Remove the screws in the rear panel and take off. At the bottom of the plastic tub you should be able to see an oval metal piece that bolts into the drum. The fault code implies a fault with the sensor in the middle of this piece but given that the machine has recently been moved its more likely that a connection has come away. Let me know how you get on. You can also attach pictures to these replies so I can help you in a bit more detail if you need it.

great thanks ill try and see if i can check it out 2 moro :) and be in touch any issues fingers crossed

Great let me know either way :)

thank u
I now have back machine off I see metal piece attaching to plastic but dont look loose
I have the back off now

Ok great. Can you see the metal oval piece I described?

Are you able to send a pic?

oh let me see think my friend put it back on now :( all looked in tact no loose wires

Ahh sorry. Been running round after the kiddies all day

yeh just opening them now

Thanks. The red cables to the left of the motor attach to the heater and in between those 2 cables are some smaller ones give them a gentle pull to see if they are ok

In that case according to the tech manual you will need to replace the heater. It's still a straight forward repair but not as easy as we'd hoped.

All you need to do to replace the heater is undo the nut in the middle below the yellow/green cable and pry the heater out then do the reverse to fit a replacement. Here's a link to the heater

https://www.4ourhouse.co.uk/wash-element-230v/product.pl?pid=2894482&query=wmb71231+element

ok thank you let's hope that works thank you
then we have to 're attach all the wires I gather is this Job can do at home all need to be by expert

Yes just put them back in the same position as you removed them from. Yes its really easy to do but can be a pain to pull the old ones out sometimes as there is a seal the other side that swells so you have to lever it out with a screw driver putting the new one in is a piece of cake.

Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
thank u ill give it a go