UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Ignis Lpa58Eg dishwasher that shows an error code…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an Ignis Lpa58Eg dishwasher that shows an error code of 8 flashes (should be related to drain problems), but I ran the test program succesfully and water is loaded and drained correctly. what else could that be?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I have checked the drain pipe and it's clear

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I tried filling water manually and it gets drained correctly

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/14/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I’m Gavin and I’ll help you with your faulty dishwasher. Can you tell me if the fault code is on permanently or are you able to start a program? If you are able to start a program how long before the fault appears?Thanks
I am able to start a program. The fault appears after approx. 3 minutes.

Thanks for getting back to me. Before the error occurs does the appliance start to wash?

no, it never starts to wash and it does NOT sound like it's loading water.

Ok. I've got limited infromation on this but ignis are part of the whirlpool group and the fault is very similar to one I have come across on the whirlpool range. If you take the bottom panel of the front of the dishwasher there is a water level switch that twists into the right hand side of white plastic base. I've attached a link so you know what to look for. It's really common for this to get clogged up and cause issues you can normally resolve the problem by taking the switch apart and cleaning it.

Here's the link let me know how you get on

https://www.espares.co.uk/product/es1775941?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=google+shopping&mkwid=sGt4jns3i&pcrid=174054713172&kword=&match=&plid=&pdv=c&gclid=CjwKCAjws6jVBRBZEiwAkIfZ2iDw1f73lAolfFkG48HRdzdaeEarZ3yhuKrIaAFoJvp7onyQAgWElBoC67wQAvD_BwE