UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Error code F08, model AWE 9644, the heat element has 25,3…

Hi, error code F08...

Hi, error code F08, model AWE 9644, the heat element has 25,3 ohms, is that OK ?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

On internet ..

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I just want to know if 25,3 ohm is ok or not. I have seen an answer saying it shoud be about 28 ohms.

3/10/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Good morning welcome to JA. 25.3 ohms is fine for your element.I'd check the ntc resistance and the resistance from the connections on the element to where they connect to the circuit board. If the ntc resistance and the cable resistances are fine its most likely going to be the circuit board that is your issue.

If you need any further help with this please just click on the reply tab

If that answers your question please click on a star rating for my answer

Many Thanks

ntc = the heat element ?
What should the Cable resistance be, same as element ?
BR
// Lars

The NTC is the temperature sensor which tells the circuit board if it needs to power the element. It's the black bit in the same housing as the element. It should read in the thousands but will vary depending on the temperature at the time.

The cable resistance should be very close or the same as the reading you get when you touch your meter probes together ( remember to disconnect them from the element before testing so that you get a true reading)

Many Thanks

NTC about 14kohm, so ok.
But no signal when measuring the cabels.
(Two orange that first seams to go to the top (program selection) then back to the circuit board.So, some problem at the "top" of the machine ?
BR
// Lars

When you took the measurement of the cables did you take it from one end to the other? Its the individual cables you are measuring

Thanks for that. what is the reading on your meter when you test the cables?

Also what is the reading on your meter when you touch the probes together?

0.2 with propes. Lowest interval I have is 200 ohms.
Nothing testing the cables.
(and no summer tone )

Excellent! can you just try one more test for me. Put the connections back on the heater and take a reading between the cables at the other end and tell me what you get please

No signal/value

Thank you. If you are not getting any readings from those tests you have a break in the cables. you need to replace the cables and that will repair your fault.

If you need any more help please reply to these messages

Please remember to give me a star rating for the help I have given you today

Many Thanks

Gavin

Can't there be a problem at the top connection for the cables ?
(Those orange cables are the thickest of all.)

The break in the cable could be anywhere in the cable. You could cut them back and keep testing them until you get a reading if you want to and then reconnect them that is a good as replacing them I just find it is much easier and better to replace them

Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
ok, I need to check at the top trying to find where the brake can be
Thanks
hi again,
No, no cable brakes.
F08 appears at the moment it normally start to fill water.

Hi, with the readings that you have given and if you are certain that there are no cable breaks it only leaves the circuit board I'm afraid