UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

F23 error on siemens washing machine and door is lock with…

F23 error on siemens...

F23 error on siemens washing machine and door is lock with clothes inside

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

S16 7 ch acqua stop i can see on th3 outside. I cannot open the door to see the E number. Its about 9 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have already opened the front and drained the water and got rid of the debris in the small black tube in the front bottom right

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Morning, welcome to JA I'm Gavin and will be happy to help you with your F23 error. Do you still need help with this?

Hi Gavin, yes I still need help
The phone number is ***** recognise so lets chat instead
I have drained the front and cleaned the black pipe with the white plastic part. I have switched of the washing maschine and switched it on again, but still the error F23 appears

Ok great.

Are you able to remove the rear panel?

Not really as we have the tumble dryer on top and its heavy

No problem there may be another way. Is the door still locked shut?

the door is locked
There should not be a lot of water inside as i was just draining it as the clothes were still a bit wet from the wash

If you look at where the filter is located is there a little plastic lever you are able to pull. Its normally red, black or green

its red, shall I pull it?

Brilliant. Yes pull it and it will release the door for you and I'll be able to get the model to help you better

I have pulled it, and the door is unlocked now, but the F23 is still flashing

Yeh unfortunately that's not your fix but can you give me the model now please

E-NR. WM16S790CH/08 FD(###) ###-####

I'll just look it up now

Ok, thanks

We need to remove the lower kick panel. there's screws by the filter that need to come out to do this. Are you able to remove that now?

There was no water in the washing maschine when Ibopened the door

?

Its the piece labelled 0208 - 0209 that needs to come off

http://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com/uk/sparepart/finder/detail/WM16S790CH/08#/tab=spare-section-3

This is the part where the filter is. So I need to unscrew this one screw on the right. Then what do i do?
We could remove one screw, but the whole part did not come off

Yes that's right. Once unscrewed that panel will be able to be removed normally push to the right and it will clip off

Sorry didn't see your reply. If there is just the one screw by the filter the panel will definitely come off

Once its opened, what shall I do?

Make sure that the power is off. I'm expecting that you will find water in the base behind that panel which you'll need to mop up. When you plug back in the F23 should be gone. If not there is a reset procedure I'll take you through.

Unfortunately we are not able to take that panel out yet. Any further tips

It will come off I promise. The only other way is to get to the rear and take the back off

Ok, its opened and we found water at the bottom, so we are cleaning it up
But why is there water there, do we need to urgently do something about that?

Fantastic! That is the cause of your F23 fault code. Before you put on a full wash load try an empty as if there is an internal leak you'll need to find what the cause is and repair that

Check the inside of the door seal for any small tears and make sure the soap drawer and box is clean

we cleaned all the water and switched on the washing machine and tada .. the F23 error is gone. Excellent. Thank you so much. I checked the door seal and did not find any tears. I cleaned the area where the detergent goes. So should be ok. I will try the empty cycle run now.

You're welcome. Please remember to rate my help by clicking the star rating and feel free to click reply if you need anymore help with this

Many Thanks

Gavin

Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician