UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpoint FSFL 1810 that started making noises

Customer Question
Hi I have a hotpoint FSFL...
Hi
I have a hotpoint FSFL 1810 that started making noises yesterday and both the fast freeze and super cool buttons were flashing. I disconnected it from the mains for a few minutes and plugged it back in which made the noise stop.
This morning , however nothing it working. Both freezer and fridge are not working.
It took off the back panel in the freezer to see if there was any ice around the fan but it was clear.
I reset the freezer by turn down the temp fully and the turning it back up and on but nothing is functioning.
Any ideas?
Sara
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/10/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Let try the test cycle and see what happens from there.

Open the door and turn both the fridge and freezer dials to off.

Then press and hold the fast freeze button for several seconds till it beeps and the lights on the top come on.

Now it will run a test cycle for a few minutes so see how it goes from there as if it fails the lights at the top may flash or stay lit if so let me knw what you get,

Hi
Did the test cycle. It beeps and lights come on. after a few minutes the super cool and super freeze lights goes off
Number is ***** Ireland so full number is *****
Any update on the test cycle?
Sorry but I am waiting for a call. Will that happen or do I need to contact someone else? I did pay for a call