UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hotpoint Aquarius 570 dishwasher. 7 years approx. 570G.R…

Customer Question
Hotpoint Aquarius 570 dishwasher ...

Hotpoint Aquarius 570 dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 years approx

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

570G.R

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/9/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Whats the issue you are having with the dishwashers?

Wash light is blinking.
Wash light is blinking. Outlet pipe outside house was frozen. Dishwashers emptied water on floor in house. Unblocked frozen pipe. Dishwashers turned on a few days later. Worked ok for 10mins then stopped. Unplugged from wall. Tipped machine back and forth frontwards and backwards. Left unplugged for 2 hours.. still flashing wash light and salt light.
UK Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Gavin, I'm sorry you've had to wait for your answer. Can you double check the model for me please as there a some digits missing from the start (FDL I think). Also could you clarify which lights are flashing please as I have the manual but it only lists the lights as numbers as flows

Top Right - Light 1

Middle Right - Light 2

Bottom Right - Light 3

Start/Pause - Light 4

These are the only lights I need to know please ignore the others

Many Thanks

Gavin

FDL 570
Yes light one is wash light. It's too right corner of controls.
Thank you. I’ll just look up the error code for you now. Just to confirm that is the only 1 of the 4 I mentioned that flashes
The error code you’re having means that the float switch in the base of the dishwasher has been activated normally caused by a leak. It’s quite possible that if your pipes have frozen that a pipe may of split internally. The best way to test this is to drain the water in the base by tilting the machine back, put a towel down before you do this. Try running a cycle after doing this and if it reoccurs you will need to find the source of the leak.If you need any more assistance please reply to this email.Before you leave please remember to give me a star rating for my helpMany ThanksGavin
I have tried tipping back and forward. No water evident underneath machine. Float switch clicks ok ..ie goes up and down ok. Still lights flashing.
it’s definitely just the 1 light of the 4 that is flashing
of those four..
The salt low light and one below it also flashing at same time...these are located to the left of the panel.
Very strange. Do you have a meter you can test the float switch with?
No I am not very good with electrical things..
Oh ok, from what you have told me it is going to be one of 2 things. Either the float switch has gone faulty (possibly got water inside) or the leak has caused an insulation resistance fault which could be effecting the circuit board. Replacing the micro switch is a cheap and easy repair you could try yourself. If you take the switch into a maplin they will test it for you and will normally be able to sell you a replacement for a couple of pound. Failing that I’m afraid you’ll probably need to call someone in who can test it properly for you