UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirpool oven has stopped heating up the grill still

Customer Question
My whirpool oven has...

My whirpool oven has stopped heating up the grill still works the light comes on and the fan but zero heat

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Well i think it was put in, in 2007 but that is a guess it could be newer. Definitely not older

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

For finance reasons id prefer it but it not possible i could call someone out

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/8/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech-Care, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Tech-Care
Appliance Tech-Care, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine? On refrigerators look on the wall in the food section. On ranges look down by the drawer by the leg.

Can you be more specific on the problem?

Is it the oven (bake) that is out or one of the top burners?

Thanks

Don

Hi Don,Thanks for your prompt reply, its a single oven and its the oven (bake) that is out the top burners are working fine as is the grill. I've just found a thin manual that was included when we moved in its whirlpool AKZ 451.Thanks,Katy

Sorry Katie, that number is ***** incorrect. nothing is coming up.

If you pull the drawee out the number is ***** on the leg behind the drawer.

If you look at the heater in the base of the oven, does it appear bent a little or bumpy in some sections?

Sorry i'm still at work at the moment so i am going from memory. I will have to reply later once i am home.Katy

No problem, when you get back home give me the number so I can look up the wiring diagram and hopefully give you a good recommendation on how to proceed.

See you later

Don

thanks very much!

Hi Katy

Did you find the model number?