UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool dwh b10 stopped on a hot wash with continual…

My whirlpool dwh b10...

My whirlpool dwh b10 stopped on a hot wash with continual beeps . opened machine to find indicator light on cold rinse not hot wash as started and start button flashing 4 times between pauses. filters have been removed and cleaned. any suggestions please

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The door lid says for ikea from whirlpool model type dwh b10 and it was bought september 2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends on what needs to be done

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have had loss of water pressure over the weekend due to burst mains of severn trent but the machine did do a satisfactory wash since pressure restoration

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you open the door is there any water inside the dishwasher when you get the 4 flashes?

there is approx 1 inch depth of water in there

Ok the 4 flashes is a draining fault.

The first thing to check is the waste hose and were it drains to. If it goes under a sink then you need to remove the spigot and check in there to see if theres a blockage.

If thats fine then you need to check the pump.

Open the door and remove the bottom basket and scoop out the water from there.

Then you need to close the door and remove the wooden kick board at the bottom of your kitchen and then remove the metal cover on the front below the door.

Once this is off you can see the pump at the front there.

You need to remove this as its a twist fit pump so it will just twist off from there.

Once it off check in there for a blockage but be carefull as it can be glass.

Once its all clear refit the pump and retry it again and see how it goes from there.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

have blown through the drain pipe and got air blowing in sump water. set machine going a number of times but always stops after 9 to 10 minutes with the 4 flash error code. have taken front plate off but cannot move the pump by twisting. noticed when the washer cut out there was a buzzing noise coming from it before the beeping alarm sounded

The buzzing noise will be the pump trying to run but it cannot.

If you can see the pump in front of the you theres a tab at the front.

Just push this to the left and then twist it off from there.

had enough for tonight Daniel will try again tomorrow. does it twist clock or anticlock

I think from memory its clockwise.

As you push the locking tap out and that will allow the pump to twist round from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks to Daniels advice, as an ex mechanical fitter at R-R I was able to determine that the drain pump rotor was stopping in a position relative to its stator where it wouldn't start turning again when requested. I fitted a replacement pump and the machine is now working satisfactorily.