UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I’m having trouble with my washing machine it keeps stopping…

Hi I’m having trouble...

Hi I’m having trouble with my washing machine it keeps stopping don’t go round much and keeps coming up on display panel E20 then I press start then just makes a noise make of machines is a neural could you please advise me what the problem is thank you

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The make is I think as it’s on washing machine IWD601W and is about 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes lol hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No not really thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello is anyone there nobody has answerd my question yet
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi there so sorry for the wait. I’m Gavin and I can talk you through repairing your washer

An I ask if there is still water stuck in the machine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I pulled out a long small pipe at bottom of machine and water is coming out just a trickle but the drum moved for a while and now nothing the drum is not moving
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is still water in machine and I carnt pay another £20 for phone call sorry

Thank you. Is the water totally drained now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s still draining I can hear the motor on the machine so it’s still working

Sorry the call message Is auto generated I didn’t send it. I’ll just type up the answer that will fix your machine for you bear with me

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But what keeps happening is when I set the machine on any wash cycle it stops after a long while the drum don’t move hardly and E20 comes up then I press start then it moves for a bit
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I know I’m slow at typing but I thought that is what I payed £13 for you to help ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry

E20 is a drain time out fault. This happens when the machine detects that the water hasn’t left the machine as fast as expected.

To fix this this is what you need to do.

If the door will unlock scoop out as much water as possible.

Using the small black hose drain the water until it stops coming out

When the water stops put down a large towel and place it in front of the machine slightly underneath if possible.

Next unscrew the the filter cap that’s next to the black hose and clean it out. Also take a look inside the filter housing for any obstructions or foreign bodies.

If this was clogged up and now clean you’ll be good to go if it is empty follow the corrugated grey drain hose making sure there are no kinks. Also check the end of this hose and where it connects for blockages.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much I will do all of what you have said great

Yes the money you’ve paid covers our web chat it’s just the system auto generates a phone call offer.

If you follow the steps above your machine should be back up and running in no time. Please remember to rate my help with the stars and don’t hesitate to ask for any further help

Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Gavin
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician