UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire dryer that after 4-5 minutes it goes on…

I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire dryer that after 4-5 minutes it goes on Ad and then it cuts off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

AE06000ES2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

And I’m not sure how old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

And yes mam

1/20/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok
Time frame?

Can you start it back up right away after it shuts down?

I can
It stays running sometimes even with Ad on

So it is shutting down or staying running?

Both
But I opened it and I set it on normal then high heat and I press start and I can see the coils get hot then after 4-5 minutes I see them turn off

So what is the issue with the unit is it just not running? or is there a heating issue?

It runs for 5 minutes with heat then the heat cuts off then the screen will display Ad I guess meaning Auto dry then it cuts off after a few minutes

The AD code means auto dry, if there are no items in it it would shut down. If there are wet items in it make you need to check and clean the sensor bar in the drum with rubbing alcohol to remove any build up and debris on the sensor bars. If that does not solve the issue you need to check the wiring to the sensor bar strips and if they are good and you are still having the unit shut down too early the control board is bad as it is not reading the sensor bar strips properly. Check that out and see.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started
Ok I put some cloths in there now
Why will the auto dry show up?
Where is this strip?
Why am I being charged the 24 dollars and I couldn’t get a live rep. On the phone? I would like a refund

Watch this video...CLICK HERE

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician