UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Need to replace drain hose on Zanussi dishwasher, model

Need to replace drain...

Need to replace drain hose on Zanussi dishwasher, model ZDF21001WA

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

No need for diagnostics as pipe chewed and holes in, Zanussi ZDF21001WA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

1/19/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

To replace the hose on this you need to pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back.

From there you can remove the bottom base cover from there.

Once thats off you can see the waste hose there going to the pump.

Just use a pair of pliers and you can remove the spring clamp on there and then remove the waste hose from there.

The you can swap it over from there.

So try that and see how it goes from there but one you have the base off you can do it from there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HI, Yesterday I did have the dishwasher out, but couldn't see what was needed to be done to remove to access the base.
Muliple screws but none seemed directly linked to the base plate?

Ive attached a screen shot from the service manual and it shows how to remove the base there.

Click here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** look tomorrow when I get home from work and come back to you if any issues. Looks clearer from the pictures.
Once the hose is removed , do I need to remove the back panel to pass the hose through?

No worries.

When you look at the back you will see the drain hose goes though it. Theres just a plastic clip which you need to remove but you will see all that from there.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

That light grey cover will come off but you will need to remove the top and both side panels in order to remove that.

The darker grey base is usually just clipped in to place on there so if you look at the screen shot it shows how it clips into the place so removing it this should be the opposite.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician