UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have code E008 on my hoover washing machine even though it…

I have code E008...

I have code E008 on my hoover washing machine even though it is not plugged in The door wont open

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hoover is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

DYN8144DIX about 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I am hoping it will be something so simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

8 kg 1400 spin

1/19/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E08 error code is a motor related fault here.

As this model uses a 3 phase motor then we can rule out carbon brushes.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back panel.

There in the bottom on the right is a control board. This is the motor control board. Remove this and open the casing and see if theres of burning on there. If so then the control board will need to be replaced.

If that looks ok then check the wiring to the motor from the control board. Give the wires a tug and see if theres a broken wire in the block.

Check them and see what you find as for the E08 code this is something to do with the motor side on this.

Oh I would not be able to do that I will call out Hoover Thank you

No worries, Im sure they can sort that out for you from there.

But at least you know what the error code means.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician