UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Siemens HB55MB551B. 15 months. The FD number

I have a Siemens...

I have a Siemens HB55MB551B

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Siemens is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

15 months. The FD number is9606

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We had a power cut today and the clock display will not show. I have an error message c00 in the clock display and 1,2 or 3 in the main oven temperature display

1/18/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you are seeing C00 then you are in the option menu on the oven.

Turn the power off to the oven and leave it 30 seconds and then turn it back on.

When you do is the clock flashing 0:00?

No it has 0:00 with the clock sign under the second 0
I can’t make it accept my phone number. ***********
Are you still dealing with my case?

Ok so when you see that what you need to do is press the clock button once and it will show 12:00

Then press the - button to set the correct time.

Then once it shows the correct time leave it a few seconds and it will lock it in.

Then you can use the oven from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

but it disappears immediately. The display only shows when the oven is turned on

So if you press the clock button now what happens?

It reverts to 0:00min with the alarm symbol and arrows underneath and then the clock
While there is anything in the temperature display then the clock shows, but as soon as the oven cools down and there is nothing in the temperature display then the clock disappears as well.

Sorry i dont know what you mean by the above.

Can you get the oven working? As you say when it cools down the clock goes off.

the oven is working... the clock will not show in the display, unless the oven is on

Ok i think you have changed the setting on there as you can have this set so the clock is only on when you turn the oven on.

Press and hold the clock button for 5 seconds.

It may show C00

Press the + button till it shows C02

Press the clock button again.

Then press the + button till it shows selection 1.

Then press and hold the clock button again for about 5 seconds and it will lock that setting in.

Then the clock should be on all the time on this setting.

Okay, I have had the oven on, so I need it to cool down to see if it has worked. Be back to you in 5 mins.

No worries. Im sure it will be fine from there if you managed to alter the setting in there.

Oh no!!! It hasn’t worked, and soon as it cooled down the clock display went off as well! I will try again.

Ok try it again and see how it goes. As this isnt a fault its just the settings have been altered thats all.

Ive attached a screen shot of the service manual on this. It tells you how to alter the settings so you may be able to work it out a bit easyer.

Click here

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Okay! I think I have done it!! To be fair the issue is that to select option 1 of setting 2 you have to use the top oven controls... not the plus and minus buttons... once I realised that... I did it. Anyway... thanks for your help
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician