UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My beko washing machine is flashing the ready wash end

Customer Question
lights at the same time...
My beko washing machine is flashing the ready wash end lights at the same time. I tried holding the start / pause button for 5seconds it kicks as if it’s going to start but doesn’t
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My beko washing machine is not working all the lights are flashing
1/18/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WM74135W

Thanks for that.

So when it kicks off as its going to start is the door locking so you cannot open it?

Ok if the door locks but the washer doesnt start then this may be done to worn carbon brushes in the motor.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes. You need to remove these and see if they have worn. If they are only a few mm long then they need to be replaced.

Check them and see what you find from there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could we please continue tomorrow as there is no light where my washing machine is. Will 10am be ok for you please

No worries thats fine.

Im not always online during the day but when you reply i will get an email and as soon as i can i will reply back to you so there may be a bit of a delay replying but will try and reply asap

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

Your welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry Daniel but one last thing to remove the carbon brushes are they such that I can just pull to remove or I need a tool like a screwdriver so I will find one. Thanks

They are just held in with 2 screws. So you need a philips screwdriver to remove them.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Hi Daniel sorry for not getting back yesterday but I couldn’t figure out how to do what you asked me to so I will look for a repairer in my area to come and sort it for me. Thanks for your help. I hope am not charged for this.
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician