UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

The info screen on our hotpoint tumble dryer flushes all the…

Customer Question
Hello. the info screen...

Hello. the info screen on our hotpoint tumble dryer flushes all the time when switched on and does not show the time elapsed since the program started. what may cause this? thx

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

>=10yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ultima model

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Preferably by myself, indeed

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/18/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

Also is it every light on the front thats flashing?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
hello, daniel. the model is ultima. and the screen gets basically black (flickering pale blue and black) the moment i start it. thank you
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
please advise if your response is paid for (part of the £3+£10 already paid for by me); if not, and your response will entail additional charge, please do not respond to this text and advise me how can i stop the payments/ interrupt the service as it would then look to me a bit of a serious scam. thank you. tony
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 28 days ago

Hi

You only pay the one charge which is what you say above. Theres no other charge as we can can backwards and forwards on this thread and you only pay the once no matter how times we reply to each other so dont worry about that.

Anyway as the model number Ultima is just a range hotpoint do between the washers, dryers and dishwashers. If you open the door there should be a sticker on the inside there with the model details on it.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Daniel hello and thank you. The model nr is CTD80 7kg version. tony
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 27 days ago

Thanks for that, I know which one you have now.

Now for this fault its nearly always the front control board that causes this fault as ive replaced loads of them. I say 9 times out of 10 its that board that is the fault.

But the odd time ive replaced that board it and it turned out to be the main control board at the bottom as one of the capacitors on there failed.

So what you can try if you are able to is remove the top and the right hand side panel.

There at the bottom you will see the main control board.

Remove this and take a picture of the wiring so you know were the wires go and then you need to open the plastic casing.

From there you need to inspect the capacitors on the board and see if theres any thats domed ( top raised up).

If there is a domed capacitor then you can try and replace this and that should sort it.

But if the capaitors all look ok then the front control board is the fault here and will need to be replaced.

So check them and see what you find, If you need anymore info just get back to me.

UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 19 days ago

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could remember to click the star rating at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
thank you, ***** ***** advice. we will keep watching how the dryer functions on. tony

No worries Tony thats fine.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician