UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Beko DW603 dishwasher isn’t heating on all programs. Once…

Hi there. My Beko...

Hi there. My Beko DW603 dishwasher isn’t heating on all programs. Once a program ends and you expect that bellow of steam once the door opens, that unfortunately isn’t happening and everything inside the appliance is cold and often greasy. Are there common faults to look for?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Beko DW603 (ANGORA). I haven’t yet run a test cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. My job is a plumber and electrician, so SHOULD be able to do it. But we’ll see ;)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, filters have been cleaned and electrolytic scale reducer fitted to incoming main, keeping water under 200ppm

1/18/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

For a no heat fault on these then its either the heater itself, control board or the wiring in the door.

The first thing to check is the heater. Pull he dishwasher out and lie it on its back and you can remove the metal base from there.

There you will see the heater cylinder. You ned to test this for resistance, it should be around 28 Ohms.

If the heater is fine then remove the control panel in the door and there you will see the control board.

You need to disconnect the wiring and open the casing.

Remove the board from there and inspect it for dry solder joints on there. As the heater relay can give a dry joint so if it has a dab of solder on there usually cures the fault.

But if that looks ok then remove the outer door panel and from there you can check the wiring as it goes down the bend in the door at the bottom. Give the wires a tug one at a time and see if theres any broken wires in there.

But if the wires are fine and the heater is then it goes back to the control board. The relay on there will be fault even if thres no burn marks. In this case the control board will need to be replaced and that should sort it from there.

So check the above and see what you find from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician