UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool DWH B10 dishwasher. When I start the

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool DWH B10 dishwasher. When I start the programme it stops after about 3 minutes (after spitting out the tablet). There is warm water in the bottom, but the programme does not keep going. Have taken out the filter but it appears clean, so put it back. Doesn't appear to be any problem with electricity or water supplies. No unusual flashing lights.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about five years old. I can't see what the exact model number is.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's something simple, I will do it. But am ready to pay a handyman (or woman) if they still exist.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, not really. Just need to know someone can fix it. I don't want to buy a new one because it's such a hassle to install.

1/17/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When it stops is the rinse lit up and is the start light flashing?

If so then you need to count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

Ok. We think it might be the pump. Programme starts and water fills for a bit. Then it gurgles a bit. Then it stops. No lights flash.
We think it might be the pump. Programme starts and water fills for a bit. Then it gurgles a bit. Then it stops. No lights flash.

Ok if theres no flashing lights and it fills ok but gurgles and doesnt wash then its more then likely the wash motor here.

These are prone for failing on these Whirlpool dishwashers as we replace loads of them.

To access this you need to pull it out and lie it on its left hand side and remove the metal base cover.

You can then get to the motor from there.

So check that but from what you say you are correct in thinking the wash motor is the fault here.

Hmm. That sounds hard. Where would I get a new wash motor?

Not a cheap part im afraid.

Click here for the wash motor

Do you know anyone who can install it, and what they would charge? My postcode is ML3 8UB

If getting someone in then the best option is Whirlpool themselves. As they do different deals for appliances already faulty.

There number is ***** 224224

They can give you different deals as you can have a full 12 monthy warrenty plus the repair for about £17 a month as you pay montly for them plans.

So that will be the best option here and probberly cheaper then getting a local engineer in as well.

Is that the number for Hotpoint or Whirlpool?

Both as they are the same company. Whirlpool is the parent company so they are both the same numbers.

OK, thanks. I'll try them in the morning.

Now worries, Im sure they can sort a deal out from there for you.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
If not, I'll be back on the line. Thank you and good night.
I'm fine with the answer you gave. Have arranged a technician visit by whirlpool.