UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The bulb is not working on my aeg micromat combi, how do i…

The bulb is not...

The bulb is not working on my aeg micromat combi, how do i check it?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It happened 2 days ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is mounted above an aeg oven in a tower unit in my kitchen

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It says aeg compitence on the front, the kitchen was fitted 15 months ago

1/17/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

The only info i can find is, KM8403101M serial no 64550457, hope this is of some use

Thanks for that.

The good news on your model you can actually replace the bulb yourself.

If you open the door and look inside the cavity there at teh back right corner on the roof is the lamp cover.

Unscrew this off and then you can unscrew the bulb in there and remove it.

Once out you will be able to see if it has failed. If so then you can replace it from there as you can pick up the bulbs from hardware shops and even pound shops sell them.

Check that and see what you find from there. I think you will find this is just a faulty bulb here.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician