UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The fan of my Hotpoint HUE 61X oven sometimes doesn't start…

Customer Question
The fan of my...

The fan of my Hotpoint HUE 61X oven sometimes doesn't start when the oven is turned on. Sometimes it starts perfectly. It moves by hand OK and the oven light always works.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5-8 years. HUE 61X serial###-##-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. At least, only if the solution were to be WD40, which it can't be as the fan rotates Ok when nudged with the end of a knitting needle!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was bought in a Curries near here (Exeter) so a local contact number would be useful rather than the nationwide Hotpoint***********

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/16/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

This is down to a faulty fan motor here. This is quite common as i replace loads of them for this fault here.

To replace the fan motor you need to empty the inside of the oven and remove the back panel in there.

There you need to remove the nut on the fan. This is an opposite thread so you need to turn the nut clockwise to undo it.

Behind the fan is 3 screws holding the motor on.

Remove the bottom screw and then just loosen the top 2 screws.

Now you need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel and make sure the power is turned off.

There you will see the fan motor.

Remove the wires on there and then lift the motor up and off from the back panel. You may need to give a wiggle to get the screws through the panel.

Then refit the new motor in reverse order and thats it job done.

But if this isnt something you can do yourself then give these a ring, They are called ACE and are local to you and do oven repairs. There number is ***** 494164

If you need anymore info just get back to me.