UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a smeg SUK 92 MBL8 range cooker. the timer has broken…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a smeg SUK 92 MBL8 range cooker. the timer has broken and I am am trying to by-pass it.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It has got progressively worse now doesn't work. I have taken the front panel off. Joined the 2 brown wires together and the 2 white wires together, and disconnected the red wires from the timer.I am sending a photo. The small side oven seemshttps://btmail.bt.com/cp/applink/mail/Downloader?dhid=attachmentDownloader&messageId=15403&accountName=DefaultMailAccount&folderPath=INBOX&attachmentIndex=0&contentId=807FD903-9550-4D91-A935-77772BF6BEA4&contentSeed=24d31&pct=d9291&contentDisposition=attachment&u=eddy.andres&d=btinternet.com&t=12147 to be working fine. But when I turn the large oven on the fan works but the oven doesn't heat up.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a SUK 92 MBL8 about 6 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

As I mentioned I have disconnected the red wires joined the whit wires together - joined the brown wires together. the smaller side oven seems to be working ok and the light comes on - on the front panel. The large oven fan works when I turn the knob but the light does not com on and the oven doesn't heat up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Hi anyone there?
I have been waiting for well over the waiting time you gave me! How’s it going?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/16/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you try and resend the picture you have as the link you posted is only bringing up the home page for BT.

Are you able to wire it up how it was before hand?

As its not bypassed correctly as theres still wires on the relays.

I fon’ Think I can remember how it was. Sorry I am now in a position where I have connected the two light brown wires together - which seems to operate the fan when you turn the knob on the main oven - but the heating element doesn’t come on - so fan yes heat no. I have just left the red wires disconnect and taped up and joined the two white wires together. So on the small oven all is good the light on the front panel comes on the grill and heating element are working. The main oven the light doesn’t go on - the heating element doesn’t go on - but the fan does when the knob is turned Any idea what I can do to get the heating element and light on front panel to work the light I’m Guessing will go on when the element is goes on ?

Ok im going to have to opt out of this as i dont have the wiring digram for this and i can see from the picture the timer is now wired wrong as you still have wires on the timer which are not by passed correctly.

If someone else has the wiring diagram they will jump in.

I should point out that the way the timer is wired in the photo is the best I could remember after disconnecting every thing , so possibly not correct. I have now completely disconnected all the wires , as I figured I should bypass the whole timer unit
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the timer on a model SUK 92 MBL8 Smeg range cooker?