UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an AEG Lavamat 14950 and it is showing an E10 error…

Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an AEG Lavamat 14950 and it is showing an E10 error after 10 mins in to the drying programme. Please can you help.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

AEG Lavamat 14950 about 5/6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The washing cycles all work only drying an issue so guessing inlet valve problem

1/16/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What you will find is the water valve is faulty here.

As on the water valve theres 3 coils, You have the wash, rinse and dryer coil. So you need to pull the washer out and unplug it and remove the top panel.

There you will see the water valve. Look at the coils and you will see a green one. This is the dryer coil, Test the resistance on there and see what you find. If should be about 3.6k ohms. If faulty then the water valve will need to be replaced.

But if it tests ok then just run the dryer for about 10 minutes and then stop it and test the coil as they can test ok when cold but fail after running for a bit.

If faulty then the water valve will need to be replaced as the coils come complete with the valve as one unit.

But for the washer to flash E10 on dryer then its going to be a faulty water valve here im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi Daniel, thank you for responding. I will test now and we'll see what happens. Thanks again Tom
Thanks Daniel, tested and faulty. Shall get new part.