UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a self-cleaning Electrolux Icon Oven. I have a ring…

I have a self-cleaning...

I have a self-cleaning Electrolux Icon Oven. I have a ring on the bottom of my oven, which outlines the hidden heating unit. I can’t get it off, no matter what I have done. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2010, but the original owners hardly used the kitchen. The Model # is E30EW75GPS2.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a service plan on the appliances. I can’t get the door to lock and am getting a code of “F90”. If I can get that fixed, do you think the electric cleaning will get rid of the ring I have an appointment scheduled with Sears Home Warranty.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have placed ammonia on the area over night. I have scubbed it with SOS for several hours. I have even tried the new Easy-Off for self-cleaning ovens. It is better, but not resolved.

1/16/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

There is no way to get the heat mark off the bottom. They use a pretty cheap metal and coating and these often heat mark showing the element pattern. There is just nothing you can do about that as there is no part you can order to fix it nor chemical you can use to make it disappear. I am sorry for the bad news.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician