UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch classixx 1200 express. I put a wash in and it…

I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch classixx 1200 express. I put a wash in and it does not appear to have finished spinning. The machine appears to be stuck mid cycle. All the spin lights (1200, 1000, 800, 600 and rinse hold) and the wash lights are flashing. Turning it off and on does not stop it or turning it off at the wall

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 7 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends how complicated it is. I would prefer not to

1/15/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number of the washer please.

Bosch classixx 1200 express

Sorry i need the model number as thats just the range and the spin speed.

If you are able to open the door there will be a sticker on the inside with the model details on it. It wil start E-nr

Parts of the sticker have faded but it looks like-nr WAE24164GB/30FD6Q1C605286

Thanks for that.

For those lights its looking like a motor related error code. Try this first and see what happens from there.

Turn the appliance knob to the off or reset position, 12 o'clock.
Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position.
Press and hold the spin reduce button which should be under the spin leds.
Whilst holding it, turn the knob to the 7 o'clock position.
Continue holding the spin reduce button for about 5 seconds.
Release the button.
Turn the knob to off.

When your turn it back on it should have cleared the error code.
Then retry it and see how it goes from there. If it comes back on again then you need to remove the motor from the bottom of the washer at the back. And at the back of the motor are the carbon brushes. Remove these and see if they have worn. If they have then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault from there.

the 1st thing has not worked. Is the 2nd thing complicated and expensive?

If you are looking at getting an engineer in to do the repair then roughly its about the £80 mark.

But if you are going to do it yourself then parts are about £30-20 roughly. But you will need the tools to be able to remove the motor as its a tight fit in there.

Think I will have to get someone out

No worries, Fingers crossed they sort it out for you.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Will I be charged for this as a one off or will there be an ongoing charge?

Im afraid i dont get involved in the money side so i dont know if its a one off payment or monthly subscribtion so you will be best emailing customer care fro your home page about this and they can help you from there.