UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My Lamona dishwasher has two flashing lights and is not

Hi my Lamona...

Hi my Lamona dishwasher has two flashing lights and is not working. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Lamona built in...not sure of model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not quite sure what you mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried doing a test wash and it stops quite soon..then no lights are available when trying to select the programme type.
1/15/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

Thanks for that. This is a Beko built dishwasher. So which 2 lights is it thats flashing?

If you number the row of lights from left to right with 1 on the left which number lights are flashing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2 and 3 if the first one is the no heat light

Ok strange as them 2 lights are not listed as an error code.

Have you tried to cancel the cycle by holding the start/pause button to reset it and start a new cycle?

If so then how long does it last before it flashes again?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I hold down the pause button they go to permanently on! And I can’t change them...

Ok this explanes it then. If they all light up then and dont go out then its nearly always the front touch control board at fault here.

Im afraid in this case the front touch control booard will need to be replaced. To access this you need to remove the outer wooden door and then the front plastic control panel.

Then from there you can access the front control board on the right and swap it over from there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it fairly straight forward for a DIY numpty like myself!!

Yes, once you have the wooden door and the panel off its a stright forward swap over from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great, will see where I can get a part from. Many thanks

Your welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, so I replaced the main control PCB and still not working...now get all lights flashing on and off together! Any ideas?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any ideas?

Was it it the touch board on the right you replaced?

If so then its its still the same then im afraid its the main board on the left hand side. This is the square one you will see. Now nearly always the fault is the touch board but if this doesnt cure it then it will be the main board here.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I replaced the main board on left! So you think I need to replace that touch board on right?

Yes, Its usually the touch board itself that causes the fault so you will need to replace that board im afraid.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician