UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Recently bought an apartment unit with pre-installed SMEG…

Recently bought an apartment...

Recently bought an apartment unit with pre-installed SMEG Dishwasher and oven... no manuals were turned over. Are manuals downloadable from the website?... How can we find out the Model of our appliances?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

How can we find out the Model of our appliances?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can download a manual... I want to see if it works... Don't intend to do any repairs.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

1/15/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

I should be able to get the manuals for both appliances for you. But i will need the model numbers of them in order to get them.

If you open the doors on both appliances there should be a sticker on the inside of the oven with the model number on it and there will be a sticker on the side of the dishwasher door.

If you can post them then i should be able to get the manuals for you on these.

Dishwasher Model # SA 623 X
Oven Model # SA 410 XLooking forward to hearing from you again.Thank you.

Thanks for that, Ive got both manuals for you on this so click the links below and save each one and you can access the manuals from there.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the manuals.The Dishwasher manual doesn’t show the exact control panel that we have... please refer to the pictures I sent previously... I tried to run the rinse function but could not get the unit to run. The power indicator lights up... but thats it.As for the Oven, I have managed to get the fans and light functioning... I have not designated a temperature as the indicator on the temperature knob is severely unreadable... looking at the manual, again it is quite different from our panel... please refer to pictures previously sent. Will it be possible for you to send me pictured details of the knob indicators?Looking forward to hearing from you again.Thank you.

Im afraid the manuals cover several different versions. I can see the pictures are all different compared to the one you have but thats the only manual Smeg lists for that model. There isnt a different manual that actually shows the front panel you have. Im afraid thats down to Smeg not listing your version in the manual.

As yours is the 4 program version if you look at page 8 it shows you the cycles.

So pop the control knob out and turn keep the power turned off and then turn the dial to which ever number cycle you need. If you look at the pictures on the panel it goes from left to right with program 1 on on the left.

Turn to say program 3 on the knob.

Then press the power on button and it will then run the normal wash cycle from there.

As to the oven again manuals are not the best to see what the pictures are like on there. But the good thing for the oven you can actually fit new stickers on the oven for the controls so you can see what your setting it to.

Click here for the decal sticker set

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician