UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an electrolux oven that doesn't heat properly.

I have an electrolux...

I have an electrolux oven that doesn't heat properly . basically if you heat it to 375 it says it is at 375. i place an oven external thermometer bought at store to check it and it says it is at 350 - ok - that isn't really an issue but then if i push in to the control panel to go to 400 degrees it beeps it is already at 400 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 -10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model E30ew75ess2

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

1/13/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

it doesn't really ever maintain temp at 350 or 375 to cook cookies it varies greatly in temp either cooking as low as 300 degrees or ramping up to 400 degrees seems to have a difficult time keeping a constant temp. also if i cook at a high temp it will shut off and give an error code and i have to go to breaker panel and switch breaker on/off to rest oven and it sometimes won't reset and totally locks up

Well the oven will continue to generate some heat after it reaches temp due to the hidden element. When it shuts off the tempo may rise by 10-20 degrees or so, that is normal. If you think or are seeing the temp way off you can replace the thermostat probe. It is easy to change out just a screw that holds it in and it is plug and play. If the probe goes out of range it can lock the unit out and you would need to reset it. Here is a link to the probe...CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
OK , i will try that i can ask more questions if that doesn't work?