UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I’ve got a hotpoint Aquarius wdl520. Light are flashing. And…

Customer Question
Hello I’ve got a hotpoint...
Hello I’ve got a hotpoint Aquarius wdl520. Light are flashing. And the lights in the picture below are on.
https://pasteboard.co/H2lwUDC.jpg
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/11/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Does this error code happen on a wash cycle or a dry cycle?

When the wash cycle finishes, this comes up. So I believe it happens on the dry cycle

Ok that error code is F13 which is a dryer sensor fault.

Now as it happens on the dryer cycle then its more then likely a blocked dryer condenser causeing this.

If you are looking at doing this yourself then you need to unplug the washer and remove the top panel.

There you will see the metal dryer chamber bolted to the drum, You need to remove the 4 torxs screws holding the metal dryer onto the drum and remove the wiring from there and lift it away.

There you will see the plastis dryer chamber.

Remove the back panel and then you can remove the condesner frm the back of the drum.

Once this is off you need to give it a good clean out.

Once clear refit the plastic condenser and then the metal dryer chamber. But first look on the under side and you will see the fan. Check the blades on there and see if they are covered in fluff. If use scrap the fluff out from there.

Then refit the dryer chamber and test it and im sure this will cure the fault from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Ok thank you I’ll try tonight

Your welcome.

Im sure you can sort it from there.

I’ve ordered a torx screwdriver. Waiting for it to arrive
Do I clean anything else before I put it back together ?

Sorry for the delay i was offline yesterday.

Thats the stuff you need to clean so have you tried it since?

Has it ran a dry cycle ok?

I put it all back together and now it is just stuck on the wash cycle
It was on wash cycle for an hour or so and didn’t change to the next cycle

Which cycle had you set it to?

If you press the start/pause button you can then select a spin cycle and it should drain and spin from there.

cycle 1, I don’t want to keep pausing and changing cycles
I’m sorry if I’m sounding annoying but don’t have money to call an expert

Cycle 1 is 159 mins so this will wash for roughly about an hour before it goes onto rinse.

Pausing and changing cycles wont cause any problems with the washer what so ever but if you dont want to cancel the cycle then just leave it and it will finish the cycle soon.

And dont worry about getting back to me all the time. Thats what i here for.

Alright I’ll try cycle 1 again, maybe I cancelled too early

No worries.

Ok thats about a 2 hour cycle excluding the dryer phase, so just see how it goes from there.

Hi

Just wondering how it went as i havent heard back from you?

Did the dryer work ok?

Regards