UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an integrated neff fridge/freezer. the interior light…

Customer Question
I have an integrated...

I have an integrated neff fridge/freezer. the interior light is not on (as of this morning), and i have a feeling it seems to be warming up

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I bought it april 2011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The model is k9524x7gb

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If it is easy to do, i would do it myself, but i'm not very diy friedly

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/9/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

I assume you have checked the mains supply to the fridge and check the power supply is turned on?

If the power is fine and the light has gone off and the appliance isnt cooling anymore then the control unit inside the fridge at the top will be the fault here.

You can replace this quite easy as you just need to remove the control unit inside the fridge at the top were the light is and there you will see the control board.

You can swap it over from there and that will get this up and running again from there.

But check the mains supply first and check the plug and socket to rule that out.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

its on at the mains, and all the fuses are on too
where do i get a new control unit?

On the model number you posted at the end of it after the GB there will be a /?? 2 digit number. Can you let me know what the numbers are then i can get the correct part number for you.

the last two numbers of 03
you're calling me on***********

Thanks for that.

The part number you need is 00499705

Or click here for the part direct from Neff

Im unable to do the phone request at the moment but i dont think you need it as the answer is as above.

how can you be sure that this is the problem?

The power enters the appliance and goes stright to the board. So if the power supply if fine going into the applaince but nothing is running thats all it can be.

As all you have in these is the control board, light and compressor. Thats it theres nothing else in there. So for the compressor and light not to be working then thats all it can be.