UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My Samsung fridge freezer RFG23UERS has stopped dispensing…

Customer Question
Hi, my Samsung fridge...

Hi, my Samsung fridge freezer RFG23UERS has stopped dispensing water. It is still producing ice so I know that the water intake is fine. There is no build-up of water beneath the fridge crisper drawers - a problem we previously encountered - and I have checked that the doors are closed and the child-lock is not on. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just gave you the model number and I guess its about 9 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends what work is required.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't think of anything else. We had been away for a week. It worked fine the night we got back, but not thereafter

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/9/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Dino, Handyman replied 1 month ago
Dino
Dino, Handyman

Hi

Is the fridge section still cooling ok?

Has it start to makes noises inside the fridge like the fan hitting ice?

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its cooling fine. The freezer temperature is -14 and the fridge 6 degrees. No, there are no strange noises. Its otherwise operating as normal.

Ok if its cooling fine then it may be a faulty water valve. As on the valve theres 2 coils, 1 for the ice maker and the other is for the water. It may be a faulty water coil.

If you have a multi meter you can test this. Pull the appliance out and remove the back panel.

There you will see the water valve as it will have the fill hose going to it.

With your meter you need to test the coils. As you say the ice maker is working then at least one coil will be fine. They should read about 3.6K ohms If one is faulty then the water inlet valve will need to be replaced to cure this.

But if the water valve is fine then just check the water bottle. As sometimes this can freeze up inside the fridge. But when this happens you find the cooling goes off in there as it looses its airflow as the evaporator blocks with ice and as the water bottle is in front of it the water in there freeze. If this has happened then get a hairdryer and gentely heat the water bottle and see of it sorts the fault from there.

Check them out and see what you find from there and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. Will give that a go and will get back to you.

No worries that's fine.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Dino, Aiming to investigate this weekend, so thanks for your patience
Dino
Dino
Dino, Handyman