UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a AEG COMPETENCE B1180-4 oven and the display has…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a AEG COMPETENCE B1180-4 oven and the display has started to flash, and you cant set the ime or do anything with te display...! Help!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its about 7yrs old and the PNC No is 944 185 295

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you get this fault im afraid its a timer fault as ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault.

Now you have 2 options here. You either need to replace the timer in there to cure this. To do this you need to remvoe the oven from the unit and remove the top.

Then remove the front control panel.

Now you can remove the timer from there and swap it over.

Click here for the timer

Or if you dont use the timer or clock you can bypass this and link it out. Now to do this you need to remove the oven again and remove the top panel.

From there you will see the back of the timer with the wires going to it.

Take a picture of the back of the timer with the wires and post it on here and i can tell you how to bypass it from there.

Regards