UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher wasn't pumping but the plumber removed a plug…

Customer Question
Hi my dishwasher wasn't...

Hi my dishwasher wasn't pumping but the plumber removed a plug and now it drains.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

However it doesn't do anything else and the check water light is on. It is pumping away.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes bosch

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It worked okay yesterday apart from draining.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/8/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What you will find here is water has leaked into the base and activated the flood switch. This could have happened when the dishwasher wasnt draining.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.