UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher won't work. It is beeping 3 times. Zdt6255.

Customer Question
My dishwasher won't work ...

My dishwasher won't work

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It is beeping 3 times

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Zdt6255

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I have right now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/1/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

3 beeps means water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher and has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Thanks a lot. But dishwasher is build in, how can I can pull it out?
I remove a built in one you need to remove the wooden plinth at the bottom.Then open the door and look at the top in each corner and there will be a screw holding th dishwasher to he under side of the work top. Undo them then it shoul pull out from there. You may need to adjust the feet to get it out.