UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch SGS5342GB/17 Dish washer. I have a Bosch

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch SGS5342GB/17 Dish washer.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have a Bosch SGS5342GB/17 dishwasher.When I start a program the "time Left" lights up and starts counting down, as usual. The soap tablet drops, but nothing else.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, ive tried it several times on all the cycles and always the same. Time left times down but nothing else.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/1/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Do you hear any water at all going into the dishwasher?

no
my uk landline is 01235 821224. I do not understand the international call codes

Im afraid im unable to do the phone request at the moment. But if you want to carry on with the online chat i can do that.

If so then when you cancel the cycle out and try a new one do you hear the pump running?

Then does it stop and then it should fill with water. Is it at that point you hear the drawer open?

Does you hear the wash motor kick in as well?

Ive told you EXACTLY what happens :
I hear the SOAP TABLET drop, and the TIME LEFT indicates and counts down. If left it counts down to 1sec and stops.
I hear NOTHING ELSE..No Water, no pump, just NOTHING
I have managed to download the manual from the Bosch webb site and have RESET the dishwasher .
All is now working without your help.
Please arrange for refund
Mije