UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Error code E63 is showing up, dryer stops. Electrolux

Customer Question
Error code E63 is...

Error code E63 is showing up, dryer stops

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Electrolux EIED55HIW approx 9 years E63 code shows

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really, my wife is having a party in 3 hours, tough luck huh?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/31/2017
UK Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for allowing us to help you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question so that I may help you.

Error code E63 means Heater Open Circuit. This error appears when the Heating element has gone bad. To clear the error so you can start another cycle: Press and hold the far left key under the display and cancel buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds and it should reset. If the error comes back, you'll need to replace the heater.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!

Please rate me before you go as I will be not be paid for helping you if you do not use the stars to rate me at least 3 stars or more. Thank you and let me know if you require anything else. Happy New Year!