UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Zanussi tumble dryer stopped working, no lights on. Seems…

Customer Question
My Zanussi tumble dryer...

My Zanussi tumble dryer stopped working, no lights on. Seems to have shorted? other appliances in room work

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

ZDC 37201W Would that be it? Where do I find?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/31/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
HiIf the power supply to the dryer is fine and the fuse is ok then im afraid its more then likely the control board has failed here.
If you can then remove the top of the dryer and there at the back you will see the power cable entering the dryer and going to the mains filter. Just check theres no signs of burning on there.
Once it leaves the mains filter it goes into the back of the control board. It will go into the switching unit, This is the part that fails. But im afraid when it does its a complete control board on these.
Ive replaced many boards on these for this fault. Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.Regards